This Surah was revealed after Surah Az-Zumar and according to Ibn' 'Abbas and Jabir bin Zaid, its present position in the order of the Surahs in the Qur'an is the same as its chronological order.
- The angels who bear the throne of Allah pray for those humans who repent and follow the right way.
- A scene from the Day of Judgement.
- Allah knows the furtive looks and secret thoughts.
- Story of the Prophet Musa, Fir'on, Haman and Qarun.
- An excellent speech of one of the relatives of Fir'on in favor of the Prophet Musa.
- Fir'on plotted against that relative, who was a believer, but Allah saved him and destroyed the people of Fir'on, and now they are presented before the fire of Hell every morning and evening.
- Allah says; "Call me, I will answer your prayers."
- No one has the right to be worshipped except Allah, the Creator and the Rabb of the world.
- Those who argue about the revelations of Allah will soon find out the Truth.
- Allah has sent many Rasools before Muhammad (pbuh): of them some are mentioned in the Qur'an and some are not.
- Belief after seeing the scourge of Allah is of no avail to the disbelievers.
The disbelievers were creating every kind of suspicion and misgiving in the minds of the people about the teachings of the Qur'an, the message of Islam and the Prophet. They were also preparing the groundwork for the assassination of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
As for an answer to the conspiracies of murder, the story of a Believer from the people of Fir'on (Pharaoh) has been cited. The disbelievers are warned that if they do not desist from wrangling against the Revelations of Allah, they will be doomed to the same fate as the nations of the past and they shall be given even worse torment in the Hereafter. At that time, they will repent, but it will be too late.